Introducing Molatek’s new product: Pasture Master
Pasture Master is a new Molatek product which contains 12% natural protein and 11MJ/kg metabolisable energy, which is equivalent to 69% total digestible nutrients.
Cover crops are usually used during the winter when grazing is limited. However, having sheep or cattle graze on cover crops means adjusting your usual feeding practices so that animals still receive the necessary nutrients. Cover crops are grasses or legumes such as lucerne or rye.
Fertilised irrigated pastures contain high levels of free nitrogen, a component used to build protein, and animals grazing on fertilised irrigated pastures therefore need a lower amount of supplementation, but of a higher quality.
Pasture Master is excellent for growing out bulls, as it supports good muscle development and frame growth. This supplement is also ideal for dairy heifers that need to grow gradually. It can also be used in supplementing the diets of lambs being grazed on high fertilised irrigated pastures to produce good quality carcasses for slaughter.
Pasture Master is designed to be applied to diets of livestock being grazed on high nitrogen pastures, or those with a need for high quality supplementation. Dairy heifers that need to grow at a gradual rate will especially benefit from this product.
About Pasture Master
- It is a high quality, natural protein supplement.
- It is high in energy due to the inclusion of protected fats.
- Fibre digestion is improved due to the inclusion of an ionophore. It is also registered without an ionophore for producers wishing to follow an organic route.
- Due to the inclusion of the necessary trace minerals, economic performance is improved.
- This product has been extensively tested during in-field trials.
If you would like to add Pasture Master to your livestock diets, contact your nearest Molatek Technical Advisor here.